First Chapter House 1892-1909
For several decades after its founding the brothers met at various locations in Ithaca, including the Ithaca Hotel and a rooming house on Eustus Street (College Avenue). DU first chapter house, completed in 1892, was considered English Tudor. The design by a young DU architect, Allyn Packard '86 of Chicago, was based on the great hunting lodges of the Adirondacks and Northwest. It was built at a cost of about $25,000.